Glenorie Pony Club was started in the mid 1950's by Barbara Cummins, on private land at Melton Road, Glenorie. As the Club began to grow, Barbara asked Local Council member, Les Shore, if there might be a suitable site for the Pony Club to relocate to within the electorate. 30 acres of Crown land in Schwebel Lane, Glenorie was suggested and is now known as 'Dilkera Reserve' ('Dilkera' is aboriginal for 'Shore').
At the same time, the Baulkham Hills Girl Guide building was up for relocation or demolition. It was arranged for the building to be relocated to Dilkera Reserve and it served as our clubhouse until this year (2016).
Over the ensuing years, membership of the Club has grown considerably, but the founding spirit of Glenorie Pony Club has been retained, fostering an atmosphere of fun and enjoyment, whilst encouraging the more abitious riders to strive for success.
The Club spirit was no more evident than in December 2003, when bush fires swept through the area, destroying the cross country course and trails, as well as the sheds and all the Club equipment. Despite this, only 2 days later, 52 riders from the Club attended the annual Zone 26 Jamboree at Hills District Pony Club. Shortly after the fires, in true Club spirit, the members rallied together and raised funds to rebuild the facilities that were lost in the fire, restoring them to the high standard they are today.